Quality Assurance Analyst
Easily the most important role in the company. Use your ability to put yourself in the shoes of our audiences—and to break things—to help us make sure that our releases are top-notch. Use your extensive skill in defining, isolating, reproducing, and recording to keep it organized. Send us a note at email@example.com with links to your work and experience—nicely fleshed-out LinkedIn or AngelList profiles work well.
Things you’ll do here
- Work in deeply embedded and interlinked teams, with most team members filling multiple roles (including Kim, our CEO. You can absolutely trick her into getting you coffee)
- Work with product management, design, and engineering to generate a comprehensive of both the technical and design requirements and goals of the product.
- Develop, maintain, and execute test strategies, matrices, and checklists that test a portion of the product from end-to-end, including regression testing over time
- Work with engineering to generate specs and requirements for test automation across problem hotspots
- Generate new product ideas and solutions (“wouldn’t it be cool if…”)
- Maintain a view on the company social media, watching for problems and potential solutions surfaced by our audiences.
- A completed post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, or other equivalent prerequisite
- 2+ years relevant QA, engineering, or design experience
- Deep understanding of the software development process, and the needs of a software development team around testing
- Proficiency across Mac, Windows, Android and iOS, with a keen interest in keeping up to date with new platforms and technologies as they arise
- Expertise in MS or Google Office suites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean Startup methodologies
- The open-hearted desire to improve yourself and your team as a whole
- A games or gamification background. We frequently accidentally refer to our users as Players
- Podcast addiction
- Startup experience
- A sense of “I don’t know…let’s find out!”