Back-End Web Engineer
Things you’ll do here
- Work in deeply embedded and interlinked teams, with most team members filling multiple roles
- Build and give feedback on test-driven features as defined by product design and management.
- Talk and be responsive to our front-end team in jointly creating our API.
- Support production issues and requests from users and podcasting partners.
- Code review, and be code reviewed, by other members of the engineering team
- Intellectual curiosity
- 4-year degree in Computer Science (or higher), or other relevant prereqs
- Demonstrable evidence of 2+ years writing web applications. We love it when engineers show their work.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, or C/C++/C#
- The ability to self-start in brand-new situations and technology streams, researching and defining architecture and guiding the rest of the team in best practices
- Thorough understanding of basic web technologies such as REST, HTTP, and TCP/IP
- A love of algorithms and data structures, and the ability to know which should be used when.
- A healthy fear of the Bad People on the internet, and an understanding of how to keep them at bay.
- Strong understanding of Lean Startup methodology
- Experience building around a complex pipeline in a deeply collaborative team environment
- Experience with modern browser technologies, including Edge
- Passion for UX and Design, and yep, attention to detail
- Great communication skills, and a good sense of humor
- The open-hearted desire to improve yourself and your team as a whole
- Podcast addiction
- Experience with Scala
- A games or indie-web background. We frequently accidentally refer to our users as Players
- Startup experience
- A sense of “I don’t know…let’s find out!”